Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Hana's Adventure

Well yesterday I was suppose to go get this mri to check on my disk and ligments for my hip. So I drive a hour down the way and just having a good ole time. I walk in the office, they bring me back and hand me a gown. She says "Put all your clothes and things in the cupbard, No metal and met me ouside." So what do I do? I go about undoing all my clothes, take off my glasses and wedding ring. I put all the stuff in the cabinet and walked out. I go down the hall to the mri room and the nurse smiles....and here is how it went

Nurse: Please sit on the edge

Hana Ok (sits)

Nurse: Please remove your necklace

Hana: What necklace?

(eerie silence, nurse left hand rises and points. Giving Hana a "your that stupid are you?" look)

(Hana smiles a moment, touches her collar unknowningly, gulps and lets out a bit of a breath)

Hana: UMmmmmmm

Nurse stares and it slowly sinks in that I truly didn't remember it, and now I am having problems taking it off. She crosses her arms and stares at me.

Hana: Ummm...silence...I can't remove it. I guess I will have to reschedule.

Nurse: You can't!? OKKKKKkkkkk...well lets try it and than we will reschedule.

(Hana now three shades of purple lays back and gets slowly entered in the mri thing. She feels chocking and is rolled back out.)

Nurse sighs "Go ahead and change and we will reschedule"

(Hana rushes down the hall and hurringly gets dressed. She then goes aroudn to the front and watches the whispering nurse stop and stare. I go over to the phone, pick it up and dial the home number)

Master: Hello?

Hana: Yes, I am coming home.

Master: Why?

Hana: Cause I didn't bring the key to the necklace...

Master: What I can't hear you?

Hana repeats louder, more whispers

Master laughs and says "Do they have a small screwdriver or allen wrench?"

Hana: I don't know I didn't ask.

Master: Well ask and if not reschedule.

Hana looks at the staring nurses "Ok. I will...Loves"

Master: Ok. Bye

I than go up to the gossiping hens and ask "Do you have a allen wrench?" Nurse looks at me again like I have lost my mind. "What's a allen wrench?" she ask. I than go into describing it. She shakes her head, I reschedule and get out of there.

I just could have died!

That was my adventure,

Hana

1 Comments:

Blogger A. Darcy said...

I am so very..
went to the dentist, they needed to do x rays, "plese take off your necklase. ...umm ...umm...

Nice to know I am not the only one living these moments....
:)

12:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home