Monday, September 11, 2006

Remembering 9/11

I almost forgot that I was suppose to post this today...

This is in remeberance of Mario L. Santoro, age 28.Place killed: World Trade Center. Resident of New York, N.Y. (USA).

Here's a picture:



I picked him because he looked so much like Master in his younger days, and I could see him holding Bitty just like Mario is hold his daughter. Her name is Sophia and she was three when it happened. He was a dedicated EMS workeer and a loving father. His wife said that meals were important to him. I can truly identify with this.

I leave you with thoughts from people who knew him well...

"Dear Mario,
I can't believe you are gone...we miss you so much. It has been almost a year since you left us and the pain of not longer having you around us gets stronger by the day.
We are so proud of you...you died doing what you loved most, helping others. I hope you know that we think of you everyday, not a day goes without Mom or Dad mentioning you or crying for you.
You are now our hero, our guardian angel, but you will always be my little brother.
Love,
Maria"

"I remember as if it was yesterday. Your bright smile. Your love for basketball. We both entered John Jay College as freshman. We played Spades together, beating anyone we came across in that lunch room. I am so sorry that I just found out that you were a fallen hero. I will always remember us in the library. The security telling us to "Keep it down" as we tried to quiet our laughs. I miss you Mario. You will always remain in my heart.

Juanita"

"You are constantly in my thoughts and prayers. I could not believe it when I heard the news. I know you are with God watching over all those you love. My heart goes out to your family. Heaven won an angel and we all lost a wonderful human being. You will be forever missed.
Nancy Rios"



Please remember all the victims.

Hana

4 Comments:

Blogger watcher said...

thank you, hana. i did one too and anyone i run into that did a post for someone who passed away on 9/11, i thanked. it really means a lot...

6:28 PM  
Blogger floweringhana said...

your welcome. Actually Annissa should take credit as she turned me onto the site..and I signed up. Thanks Annissa!!! Can't wait til your here

9:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*hugs* nice job sweetheart... only a couple weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!! wheeeeeeeee.

*kisses*

6:43 PM  
Blogger ~art said...

you've been tagged

5:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home